For immediate release Contact: Ed Barks
Thursday, November 8, 2018 (540) 955-0600
Communications consultant and author Ed Barks is giving readers the opportunity to get involved in the launch of his next book, A+ Strategies for C-Suite Communications: Turning Today’s Leaders into Tomorrow’s Influencers.
“One of the most important things an author can do for a book is to launch it with a bang,” Barks believes. “Toward that end, I’ve established the ‘A+ Insider Team.’” He announced formation of the exclusive group at a meeting today of an independent authors forum he founded at the National Press Club.
How can readers join the team? It’s as simple as emailing Barks indicating in 100 words or less why they want to become a member.
“I realize not everyone has time to do everything,” said Barks, “so I’ve developed an a la carte menu from which team members can choose. They may want to do one thing or many.” He highlighted the three biggest ways to contribute:
- Post an honest review of the book on Amazon.com on publication day, January 8, 2019
- Post that same review on Goodreads.com
- Advise him of communications and government relations professionals who need to read the book
He also outlined additional steps members of the A+ Insider Team can take:
- Buy a copy of the book in ebook or print format
- Share details about the book on digital media channels
- Suggest professional societies or bookstores that may want him for an author appearance
- Recommend podcasts, TV and radio talk shows, and publications that may have interest in interviewing him
- Email interested colleagues with news of the book
- Ask local public library systems to obtain copies of the book
- Sign up for a Goodreads account, then “Follow” his author page and invite him to connect as a “Friend”
- Review the book on blogs or in newsletters
- Purchase an extra copy of the book and place it in your organization’s library
A+ Insider Team members will receive an advanced reading copy of the ebook. Barks will also share occasional special insider sneak peeks.
A+ Strategies for C-Suite Communications: Turning Today’s Leaders into Tomorrow’s Influencers will be available for sale widely on Amazon and elsewhere, both in print and as an ebook.
Ed Barks works with communications and government relations executives who counsel their C-suite leaders, and with businesses and associations that need their communications strategy and messaging to deliver bottom line results. They gain an enhanced reputation, more opportunities for career advancement, and achievement of long-term business and public policy goals. He is the author of The Truth About Public Speaking: The Three Keys to Great Presentations. As President of Barks Communications since 1997, he has taught more than 5000 business leaders, association executives, and other experts how to succeed when they deal with the media, deliver presentations, and advocate before policymakers.