For immediate release Contact: Ed Barks
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 (540) 955-0600
“Media Training: More Than Just Talking Pretty.” That’s the subject of Ed Barks’ talk scheduled for Thursday, September 7, in Tysons Corner, Virginia, before the Independent PR Alliance (IPRA).
Barks, President of Barks Communications, believes that communications staffers and consultants who schedule a lone media training workshop fail to maximize the value for their clients. To address this shortfall, the program will cover how to:
- Build a professional development program relative to media relations.
- Overcome those whose sole interest is checking the media training box.
- Persuade busy executives to pay sustained attention to sharpening their communications edge.
- Work with—or around—an under-equipped internal staff.
IPRA, an arm of the Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter, consists of senior communications consultants.
Details and registration are available at https://www.prsa-ncc.org/media-training-more-just-talking-pretty . Specifics of Barks’ talk are as follows:
- Date: Thursday, September 7, 2017
- Time: Registration at 11:30 a.m. Program at 12:15 p.m.
- Place: Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 8521 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, Virginia (convenient to the Spring Hill Station on Metro’s Silver Line)
Ed Barks works with communications and government relations executives who counsel their C-suite leaders, and with businesses and associations that need their messaging to deliver bottom line results. He is the author of The Truth About Public Speaking: The Three Keys to Great Presentations. As President of Barks Communications since 1997, he has taught more than 5000 business leaders, association executives, and other experts how to succeed when they deal with the media, deliver presentations, and advocate before policymakers.