Ed Barks publishes books, research reports, position papers, and Insider Strategies sheets designed to help his clients enhance their reputations and achieve their long-term business and public policy goals. This emphasis on providing knowledge over the long run is what separates Ed from the pack. It also sharpens his own knowledge, keeping him at the forefront of the communications consulting field.
Below you’ll find a sampling of his content. There’s more to come soon, so stay tuned. We encourage you to take advantage of and benefit from Ed’s research into communications strategy, media training, public speaking, presentation skills training, Congressional testimony preparation, and Capitol Hill visits. Contact him at (703) 533-0403 or via email with your questions and reactions.
- Reporters Don’t Hate You: 100+ Amazing Media Relations Strategies
- A+ Strategies for C-Suite Communications: Turning Today’s Leaders into Tomorrow’s Influencers
- The Truth About Public Speaking: The Three Keys to Great Presentations
Original research on cutting edge communications issues
- A Buyer’s Guide to Communications Strategy Consultants” Finding the right fit in an expert advisor can be a challenge. This position paper shows you how to expedite your search.
- Can We Talk Off the Record? Resolving Disagreements, Increasing Understanding Between Reporters and Public Relations Practitioners There can be confusion about how and when media sources should conduct “off the record” interviews with reporters. Ed clears away the misconceptions in this research report.
- “Your Communications Strategy: 10 Warning Signs” This tip sheet brings to light some of the situations that can derail communications planning efforts, and explains how clever companies work to avoid them.
- “A Dozen Slide Show No-nos” Using slides during your presentations should be a conscious decison. Here is a handy list of things to avoid when you opt to use slides.