Ed Barks publishes books, research reports, position papers, and Insider Strategies sheets designed to help his clients enhance their reputations and achieve their long-term business and public policy goals. This emphasis on providing knowledge over the long run is what separates Ed from the pack. It also sharpens his own knowledge, keeping him at the forefront of the communications consulting field.
Below you’ll find a sampling of his content. There’s more to come soon, so stay tuned. We encourage you to take advantage of and benefit from Ed’s research into communications strategy, media training, public speaking, presentation skills training, Congressional testimony preparation, and Capitol Hill visits. Contact him at (703) 533-0403 or via email with your questions and reactions.
- Reporters Don’t Hate You: 100+ Amazing Media Relations Strategies
- A+ Strategies for C-Suite Communications: Turning Today’s Leaders into Tomorrow’s Influencers
- The Truth About Public Speaking: The Three Keys to Great Presentations
Original research on cutting edge communications issues
- “A Buyer’s Guide to Communications Strategy Consultants” Finding the right fit in an expert advisor can be a challenge. The new seventh edition of this paper shows you how to streamline your search.
- UPDATED!!! Can We Talk Off the Record? Increasing Understanding Between Reporters and Media Relations Experts. What does it mean to go “off the record” with a reporter? This new edition answers that question and more.
- “Creating Quotable Quotes” This Insider Strategies brief presents some favorite methods for crafting quotable quotes that add punch to your delivery.
- “Media Interviews on Zoom: Best Practices” Even the highest profile media outlets have taken to holding interviews using online video services. This Insider Strategies brief shows how you can ace your remote exchanges.